Monday, March 29, 2010

1001 Albums revision

It looks like I need to plan on staying alive another month longer than I thought... yes, the "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die" book/list has been revised again.   I went to Powell's and made a list of the albums at the end of the book that weren't already on my list.  Here are the additions I've found so far:

   Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree
   Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
* Portishead - Third
   Slipknot - All Hope is Gone
* TV On The Radio - Dear Science
* Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
   Q-Tip - The Renaissance
* MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
   Bill Callahan - Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle
* Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
* Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
* Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!

* indicates that I've heard good things about the album, that I wasn't surprised to see it on the list, and that I'm looking forward to hearing it in about 13 years.

These will be have been added into the Master Lists pretty soon. I haven't done a completely anal-retentive search through the revised book/list, so if there were any albums that have been added other than at the end, I'll find them later. 

I wonder if the book/list is going to be updated every year... and if that means I'll live forever...

2 comments:

  1. believe me, if you lived in england you would nto only heard of elbow but you would hate them with an unholy vengance (unless your over 40 or a music critic)
    Also Goldfrapp probs didn't get over to america but seventh tree was a #2 album and the singles got into the charts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm under 40 and not a music critic, but by the time I listen to the elbow album I may be both...

    There's another Goldfrapp album on the list and I've heard all kinds of great things. It's good to hear they're (she's?) doing well commercially, somewhere on Earth.

    ReplyDelete